ENVIRONMENT AND WCPM
As a responsible corporate entity, WCPM recognizes the importance of synchronizing its business interests with that of the world’s critical need for a cleaner environment. This conviction is enshrined in a comprehensive environment management policy, which is practiced across the organization. Guided by the principle tenet of environmental responsibility, the company manufactures paper and boards using a raw material and a technology that protects the earth’s resources and bio-diversity for generations to come.
The Company is committed towards green production, resource conservation, and responsible waste management. This commitment from WCPM has reflected in its ‘minimum impact-best process’ technology that involves green production, resource conservation, responsible waste management and a reduced pollution load as its core dimensions. Evident record in each of these areas makes the company an environmentally – compliant paper industry.
We at West Coast Paper Mills Ltd. Dandeli, Karnataka are committed to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation.
- Continuously improve upon the environmental performance by:
- Afforestation by social and farm forestry on degraded and unproductive lands by clonal technology supported by micro and macro propagation.
- Recycle critical resources like water, lime mud and pulp mill fibrous solid waste.
- Set environmental objectives and targets and periodically review them.
- Upgrade all plants with state of the art technologies and operating practices to minimize generation of pollution at source.
- Generate and use energy efficiently and to become self sufficient in power.
- Green belt development to protect and preserve the ecosystem.